Sunday, April 27, 2008

My Special Girl



I've been thinking about Caroline a lot this week. I'll never forget when she was born. She was such a wonderful, content baby. She hardly ever cried and was incredibly peaceful. As she grew--she became "my special girl."

She went everywhere with me--Chi Alpha functions, high school football games (when I was teaching), speech tournaments--everywhere. I'll never forget the 1st time I baby sat her. She was a few months old and I called Lisa at 1:00 am--because she was "breathing funny." I was so afraid something would happen to her under my "watch."


She has and still is such a giver of life. She was my friend, my special girl.

I won't forget the time we were just hanging out on a Saturday in an antique store. She was about 4 years old. She just started crying in the store. When I asked her what was wrong, she said "I don't want you to get married." Her reasoning "Because I won't be your special girl any more."


Well, God waited until she was 8--and then I got married. And I was proud to have her in my wedding as my maid of honor.


Now--she is so grown up and absolutely gorgeous. Her heart is so tender and loving toward others and the Lord. She has a beautiful singing voice and is in the UL children's choir. She also plays the guitar, sews, crochets, and is willing to do just about any adventurous thing! A girl after my own heart!

Now instead of going to speech tournaments with me--she is competing in them! I was so proud. Two years in a row she has received a "Superior" rating--and of course, this year, Lisa and I thought she should have placed in the top 3! (She was the best after all!)

Thank you, Caroline--for being who you are. And thank you, Lisa--for sharing your little joy with me!











3 comments:

Xapaula said...

I can not believe that Lisa's daughter is so old. How is it that children grow so fast and we stay the same?

Tonja said...

aw, cher Caroline!
any way you could bring her to see our play tomorrow night? i know...last minute...i've been meaning to call you all week (sorry).
hope to visit soon!

Cat said...

Yeaa--she's grown all right. I can't believe in less than 2 years she'll be a teenager!!

Sorry, Tonja--missed the play. Call me!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About Me

My photo
Hey--It's me. I'm a simple, crafty, adventure loving wife and mom who loves to learn about almost anything. I enjoy the blogging community and love learning and growing from reading other's experiences. I became an RN (after being a teacher) and then realized I had lost the creative outlet of my classroom. I've always enjoyed arts and being creative, so I began sewing, smocking, soap making, and delving into other new hobbies! :) I live with my wonderful husband who is my best friend and our sweet little girl. Together we have entrusted our lives to Christ and His purposes. So through this blog, I invite you to walk along with me and my family through our daily adventures!