Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Daddy's Girl

For Father's Day (I know I'm a little late) I prepared the table for a nice breakfast.  Lydia was awake so we could all sit at the table.  One of Brett's gifts was a mug with the picture below on it.  It was his favorite gift!  I thought It was a little "girly" because the mug is white--but he didn't care!  I had her little footprint stamped in a nursery rhyme book--and there it is on his gift bag.  Daddy loved her footprint!

I also wanted to make sure I captured Lydia with her daddy.  She was sleeping prior to us leaving for church, so I had to wake her up.  As a result--she wasn't the happiest camper--although she's still cute ;)  And of course Brett was rushing me so we wouldn't be late.  But by golly--I was going to get at least ONE picture of them dressed up together!

I gave Brett 5 dress choices for her to wear--and he picked the blue one--even though he called it her "Elizabethan dress" all day!  That's ok--we like the Elizabethan look!

Happy Father's Day to the best daddy!  I only hope I am as good as a mother as Brett is a father.  He loves his little girl more than he could have ever imagined.  I'm so thankful that she will grow up with him!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About Me

My photo
Hey--It's me. I'm a simple, crafty, adventure loving wife and mom who loves to learn about almost anything. I enjoy the blogging community and love learning and growing from reading other's experiences. I became an RN (after being a teacher) and then realized I had lost the creative outlet of my classroom. I've always enjoyed arts and being creative, so I began sewing, smocking, soap making, and delving into other new hobbies! :) I live with my wonderful husband who is my best friend and our sweet little girl. Together we have entrusted our lives to Christ and His purposes. So through this blog, I invite you to walk along with me and my family through our daily adventures!