Monday, February 27, 2012

"TWO!"

How old are you, Lydia?  "Two!" stated boldly with confidence (never mind the full hand of fingers that are in the air!).

Yes, my little girl has turned 2!!  I can't believe how time has flown.
We are so happy to have you in our lives.  You are bold, confident, love laughter, and stuffed animals.  You sleep with many, many, many stuffed animals in your crib (even though I swore I wouldn't let them in my house due to dust, etc.)  You jump, "hop," and love love love to sing!  You  love being outside at any chance you can sneak out of the door or beg someone to take you :)  You eat and eat and eat--sometimes as much as I do. You are so friendly--waving to truck drivers and paramedics (who never see you) and strangers in stores. You enjoy baths, coloring, painting, and playing with my button stash.  I can hardly ever take videos of you--because you want to see yourself on the other side of the camera :)  We have started visiting the library because we needed more books.  You can sit and look through 5-6 books at a time, uninterrupted taking in everything on the pages.

The joy you find in the simple things of life--like airplanes, ants, bird chirps, and butterflies--has renewed my sense of wonder and appreciation for the world around me--and I thank you for that gift!
Happy Birthday my sweet girl!  I love you!

  Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven





2 comments:

tonja said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Lydia! We miss and love you! (all of you :)

what a beautiful cake, Cathy! good job.

Jeannie B. said...

I am enjoying watching your little girl grow!
Happy Birthday little girl!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About Me

My photo
Hey--It's me. I'm a simple, crafty, adventure loving wife and mom who loves to learn about almost anything. I enjoy the blogging community and love learning and growing from reading other's experiences. I became an RN (after being a teacher) and then realized I had lost the creative outlet of my classroom. I've always enjoyed arts and being creative, so I began sewing, smocking, soap making, and delving into other new hobbies! :) I live with my wonderful husband who is my best friend and our sweet little girl. Together we have entrusted our lives to Christ and His purposes. So through this blog, I invite you to walk along with me and my family through our daily adventures!