While in nursing school, I would often stop by Smoothie King and get their packaged breads (banana, carrot). I loved how moist they were--so I went on a hunt for the "perfect" banana bread recipe.
After searching for "moist banana bread" recipes and trying about 6 different ones-- I finally landed on this one. By the way--the rest of them--were far from being moist! I was just thankful that our friend John, who liked to eat banana bread, was coming over regularly to help eat my testing recipes (because Brett won't touch the stuff).
I found this recipe on http://www.mrbreakfast.com/ and I make a few additions/changes:
- I usually use wheat flour for at least half of the required amount (makes it a little "healthier")
- I add over 1/2 cup walnuts/pecans -- nuts are a necessity!
- I add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspon of cinnamon--because I like cinnamon
- Definitely cook for 45 minutes. It will look dark on top--but the middle will not be cooked completely if you don't cook for the 45 minutes
- I use butter instead of margarine
**Other additions-- raisons, chocolate chips, fresh blueberries (those are awesome--2 bananas and a "handful" of blueberries make a great bread)
You have to try this recipe. I have never had anyone dislike this recipe--in fact--people usually ask me for it. You won't regret it.