Friday, February 12, 2010

The BEST Banana Bread Recipe

Yummy! That's the best word to describe this banana bread (that I'm eating while typing).

While in nursing school, I would often stop by Smoothie King and get their packaged breads (banana, carrot). I loved how moist they were--so I went on a hunt for the "perfect" banana bread recipe.

After searching for "moist banana bread" recipes and trying about 6 different ones-- I finally landed on this one. By the way--the rest of them--were far from being moist! I was just thankful that our friend John, who liked to eat banana bread, was coming over regularly to help eat my testing recipes (because Brett won't touch the stuff).


I found this recipe on http://www.mrbreakfast.com/ and I make a few additions/changes:

  • I usually use wheat flour for at least half of the required amount (makes it a little "healthier")
  • I add over 1/2 cup walnuts/pecans -- nuts are a necessity!
  • I add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspon of cinnamon--because I like cinnamon
  • Definitely cook for 45 minutes. It will look dark on top--but the middle will not be cooked completely if you don't cook for the 45 minutes
  • I use butter instead of margarine

**Other additions-- raisons, chocolate chips, fresh blueberries (those are awesome--2 bananas and a "handful" of blueberries make a great bread)

You have to try this recipe. I have never had anyone dislike this recipe--in fact--people usually ask me for it. You won't regret it.

Happy baking!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About Me

My photo
Hey--It's me. I'm a simple, crafty, adventure loving wife and mom who loves to learn about almost anything. I enjoy the blogging community and love learning and growing from reading other's experiences. I became an RN (after being a teacher) and then realized I had lost the creative outlet of my classroom. I've always enjoyed arts and being creative, so I began sewing, smocking, soap making, and delving into other new hobbies! :) I live with my wonderful husband who is my best friend and our sweet little girl. Together we have entrusted our lives to Christ and His purposes. So through this blog, I invite you to walk along with me and my family through our daily adventures!