Monday, August 23, 2010

Meet Ellie!

Lydia has a fascination with straps.  I'm not sure if all babies do--but she will chew on any strap she can get her hands on.  Car seat straps, high chair straps, swing and bouncy straps.  She loves them!  Some times she is so enthralled by the high chair straps that I have a difficult time feeding her.

Soooo I remembered seeing some "strap" material (which is called webbing) at Hobby Lobby.  So Tuesday night I packed my little one up and we headed there to get some colorful webbing.

Ellie and the ball I made (Lydia was not very interested in it, though :)
I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the webbing after I brought it home, but after digging around in my scrap bags and sewing desk drawers.....Ellie was bornLydia loves her!  She will chew on her for 30 minutes at a time while playing with her "pig tails"  and the various textures of her "skirts."

Holding Ellie and her favorite blanket before nap time
Alas, one of my final creative outlets prior to school starting.....tomorrow (or rather today--since it is almost 1 a.m.)  She is a very unique little doll . . . unique and original like my Lydia.
A sneek peek of the other project I'm working on ;)  No webbing here!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

love love my sweet Lydia...

Norma said...

Great idea! I like Ellie, must be a teething child's dream.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About Me

My photo
Hey--It's me. I'm a simple, crafty, adventure loving wife and mom who loves to learn about almost anything. I enjoy the blogging community and love learning and growing from reading other's experiences. I became an RN (after being a teacher) and then realized I had lost the creative outlet of my classroom. I've always enjoyed arts and being creative, so I began sewing, smocking, soap making, and delving into other new hobbies! :) I live with my wonderful husband who is my best friend and our sweet little girl. Together we have entrusted our lives to Christ and His purposes. So through this blog, I invite you to walk along with me and my family through our daily adventures!