Sunday, May 2, 2010

Memories of Chocolate Chip Cookies

Where oh where has the time gone? Going back to work has definitely been a challenge. I was just beginning to get the hang of everything--then I went back to work. The "stack" has grown again and I feel like I need to hire a babysitter just to catch up. I am determined though--to conquer the schedule! :)

Last week-end I had the opportunity to be "Nana" and hang out with some of my favorite people. One of my fondest memories of childhood is making cookies every week-end (or it seemed that way). I still have the old cookbook pictured above that I used to use as a little girl, and I pulled it out recently to make a batch.


But with my little Annie Lauren over we decided to go the "short" way (especially because it was 10 pm!)--and make "bag" cookies. Actually, the Betty Crocker bag cookies are pretty good.....especially if you add a few special ingredients. I start with the chocolate chip cookie mix, add more chocolate chips, nuts, and the secret ingredient---toffee bits. Everyone thinks they are the best cookies. And oh soo easy. Easy enough for a 1st grader.


And this was her first ever batch of cookies! She was sooo proud! We both wore cute aprons, and she even shared the cookies with her brother! :) I can't wait until Lydia grows up so we can bake together, too.

Speaking of Lyida--She's growing up soo fast. She's oohing and ahhing a lot more and starting to laugh out loud a little. It's really amazing how fast they grow. I want to cherish every moment now because I know this season won't last long.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

have I mentioned lately how much she looks like her mama?! wow!

baking cookies is the cure for everything....I'm pretty sure of that ;)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About Me

My photo
Hey--It's me. I'm a simple, crafty, adventure loving wife and mom who loves to learn about almost anything. I enjoy the blogging community and love learning and growing from reading other's experiences. I became an RN (after being a teacher) and then realized I had lost the creative outlet of my classroom. I've always enjoyed arts and being creative, so I began sewing, smocking, soap making, and delving into other new hobbies! :) I live with my wonderful husband who is my best friend and our sweet little girl. Together we have entrusted our lives to Christ and His purposes. So through this blog, I invite you to walk along with me and my family through our daily adventures!